Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
VivekAgar
My Device: 9700
Accepted Solution

Porting native playbook Apps for BB10

I have 2 Games running for  PlayBook(so 2.0), already published  on appworld.now decided to port them for BB10 device also. As my apps are Developed naively ,and using  OpenGL 2.0 how much of work will needed.

is there is any guide to port Playbook apps to BB10.

is I need to upload separate binaries for playbook, and  BB10. Then what would be package name , both could be same? Or my application will have separate names for Both(Playbook and BB10).

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Porting native playbook Apps for BB10

You can have entirely separate release versions (i.e. binaries) for the PlayBook and for BB10, under the same product. I believe they have to have the same package id in that case, and the version numbers would probably have to be different. With the BlackBerry World changes, you'll even be able to have separate metadata in the vendor portal, so different description, screenshots, etc.

There's no guide that I'm aware of, but I'm guessing based on what you say (native + OpenGL) that it won't be a difficult port.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

Re: Porting native playbook Apps for BB10

I have one Native+OpenGL app for both PlayBook and BB10. You will not have any problem porting to BB10, you should only take care of different screen size.

And Peter is right. You must submit the version for BB10 with the same package id and version must be different for BB10. To keep my versions 'in tact' I just add 100 to the last octet for BB10 package. For example - version 1.0.1.1 for PlayBook and version 1.0.1.101 for BB10.