Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
yaiba24
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vinaphone
Accepted Solution

Post mortem debuging - dumper utility

Hi there,

BB10 document mentions about post mortem debuging using a dumper utility. But when I SSH to BB10 and try to issue command "dumper", it says that command does not exist. Can anyone help?

My app crashes intermittently so I'd want to have a way to capture information like what that dumper does.

Thanks in advance,

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Post mortem debuging - dumper utility

The dumper runs in the background and executes automatically when your program crashes, so you don't have to do anything yourself to generate the dump. Use the Target File System Navigator in Momentics to get the dump file (yourapp.core) from the logs directory in your application's sandbox. Use the Navigator to copy it somewhere and then tell the post mortem debugger where you put it.

yaiba24 wrote:

Hi there,

BB10 document mentions about post mortem debuging using a dumper utility. But when I SSH to BB10 and try to issue command "dumper", it says that command does not exist. Can anyone help?

My app crashes intermittently so I'd want to have a way to capture information like what that dumper does.

Thanks in advance,

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I think this must be an error in the documentation. I'll check and report back. dumper is in /base/usr/sbin/dumper but you don't have permission to run it (presumably you need root access).

But you can perform post-mortem debugging direct from the Momentics IDE and that would be my recommendation. Go into Debug Configurations and you'll see that "Postmortem Debugger" is a type of configuration you can create.

pmd.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.
Developer
yaiba24
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vinaphone

Hi, I follow information here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/core/com.qnx.doc.ide.userguide/topic/debug_pos...

It's m misunderstanding, I think that I have to start dumper myself

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes, the documentation does make you think that. I'll have it improved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. All the best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Please use plain text.