Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

Re: Postmortem debugging not working

Yeah I know... I've been a pro desktop developer since 1988. :Angel:

Trust me, my first reaction is to blame my own code, but I've spent about a week sifting through every allocation and release and I'm no closer to finding the cause. Random, intermittent crashes are always the hardest to locate, like taking your car to a mechanic to fix that noise you only hear once or twice a week. :No: That said, it probably is my code.

I was doing some threading, but I discovered I got better results by launching a 100ms timer and doing my dirty work in the target slot. This method allows a fast return to the UI when launching long processes, which was what I was trying to achieve with the threading. I have removed all threading code from my app though, so that's not the cause.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10

is it happening in 10.1 or 10.2 i've noticed that there are things that are not fully functional in 10.2 that will cause portions of apps to break for seamingly unknown reasons

Please use plain text.
Developer
greenmr
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

When I originally posted this question I was using 10.1, but I'm testing now with Momentics 10.2 (using the 10.1 SDK since my Z10 is still on 10.1). I don't know yet if the problem has gone away with the new IDE.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Please use plain text.