Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
jbadwal
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobilicity
Accepted Solution

Preventing ListView item selection during multi select

How do you prevent a user from selecting specific items during a multi select. Can you use the MultiSelectHandler to do this ?

I have basically two types of items. Cached and Uncached.  When the user is performing a Multi Select on a Cached item.. I only want them selecting other Cached items.  Likewise if the user is performing a Multi Select on an Uncached item.. I only want them selecting other Uncached items.  

Is there anyway to do this?  Been googling for half an hour and cant find anything related to this use case. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jbadwal

Re: Preventing ListView item selection during multi select

bump

Please use plain text.
Developer
jbadwal

bump.

Just trying to figure out if its possible to prevent selection (during multiple select phase) of specific ListView items or ListItemComponents. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jbadwal

up

Please use plain text.
Developer
jbadwal

back to the top

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

In the onTriggered() slot of the ActionItem you are able to read the currently selected items using selectionList() then determine whether you want to clear the item or not dependent on your grouping rules.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jbadwal

Since I use a custom list item I went about this a bit differently. My CustomListItem implements a ListItemListener. I implemented the select method as such. 

void CustomStandardListItem::select(bool select) {
	bb::cascades::ListItemListener* lil = static_cast<bb::cascades::StandardListItem*>(m_sli);
	bb::cascades::ListView * view = qobject_cast<bb::cascades::ListView*>(this->parent());

if (view->multiSelectHandler()->isActive()) {
		bool isCached = view->property("isMultiSelectTypeCached").toBool();

if (m_cachedImageView->isVisible() && isCached) { // is cached.. allow selection of other cached objects only
			lil->select(select);
		}
		else if (!m_cachedImageView->isVisible() && !isCached) { // is not cached.. allow selection other cached objects only
			lil->select(select);
		}
	}
	else {
		lil->select(select);
	}
}

The dynamic property "isMultiSelectTypeCached" is just a bool on the ListView that gets set based on the type of ListItemComponent. This could just have been the ListItemComponent type as well. 

Please use plain text.