Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy
My Device: 9900

Re: Problem/Questions - QT

sorry that line was just a test I tried, this is what is resulting the same error..

C:/QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/bin/moc -o moc_mywindow.cpp mywindow.h

I'll keep searching.

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

What's the folder your Qt include files in?

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

I have these in my xml file

<asset path="C:/QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.1" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4</asset>
<asset path="C:/QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/lib/libQtCore.so.4.8.1" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libQtCore.so.4</asset>
<asset path="C:/QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/lib/libQtGui.so.4.8.1" type="Qnx/Elf">lib/libQtGui.so.4</asset>

and I am linking to 3 folders for preprocessor includes =-I 

"C:\QtPlaybookSDK\Playbook\Qt\4.8.1\include\Qt" "C:\QtPlaybookSDK\Playbook\Qt\4.8.1\include\QtCore"

"C:\QtPlaybookSDK\Playbook\Qt\4.8.1\include\QtGui"

Developer
BGmot

weird, seems to be the same version. Ok what does

moc -v

say?

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

Qt Meta Object Compiler version 63 (Qt 4.8.0)

Developer
BGmot

Seems like version mismatch, how did you get this Qt build into your PC?

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

I have been attempting to clone and build qt myself before i found the installer. So there ended up a couple of folders with what i thought were failed builds.

Could it be one of them succeeded ? (I checked after what i thought were errors after building in the -prefix folder but nothing was ever put in there).  That is the only explanation I can offer.

What can i do?

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

but those qt files/folders that are being linked to and where moc.exe is stored and being called are all extracted by a download I posted ealier of an execuatble. This also contained qt creator.

Developer
BGmot

The link you mentioned is about building Qt on Linux/Mac but you are using Windows apparently. If you have QtCreator installed you can try to use everything from there - moc.exe, libraries .so and include files .h.

Trusted Contributor
cjonesy

Thanks BGmot, The thing is I have already gone down the path of creater today for a few hours creating a project which compiled but the debugger didnt work on the device (which I needed ) and I couldnt get it to only build with the main qt files so it took an age to load,

Thats why I switched to momentics.  Spent hours on just this moc issue now though.

If anyone can help to understand why I'm getting version 4.8.0 for moc.exe -v when it comes with what is meant to be 4.8.1 version of qt from RIM? And is the reason for the failed moc attempt on my .h and .cpp files?

Thank for any help you can offer.