Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
viral_parmar
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

Problem while configuring Qt Creator 2.6 beta with BBNDK.

Hello,

i am new to this forum, previously i was developeing Qt application for symbian devices. 

I am facing problem configuring my Qt Creator, unable to add Qt Version.

Error is shown below :

Problem

I had installed Cascade native NDK, BB simulator.

Help me out of this problem....:Balloon:

Please use plain text.
Developer
fredoust
My Device: Looking for a BB10 testing device
My Carrier: Developper

Re: Problem while configuring Qt Creator 2.6 beta with BBNDK.

I have the same problem, did you solve it ?

Thanks.

---------
Mobile developer freelance - QtQuick - Cascades - WP7 - Android
My works : http://fdelgado.fr
Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Setting up BlackBerry 10 NDK Beta 3 for the use with Qt

Compared to Playbook, there is no need to make you own build of Qt when you use BlackBerry 10 NDK. A Qt version is included in the BlackBerry 10NDK, DevAlpha devices and in the BlackBerry Dev Simulator. The only thing what you need is to specify appropriate mkspec in qmake when you switch targets. It is still possible to build and use your own version of Qt if needed.

Some extra steps are required before you can start using the NDK Beta 3 with. Most of them will not be needed in the future versions:

• The BlackBerry 10 NDK is using a set of environment variables. Those variable are used by the “qt.conf” to set the values of defining Qt installation paths. In order to properly use Qt in the NDK, you need to set those environment variables first by sourcing the “bbndk-env.sh” script (or execute the “.bat” script under Windows) available in the NDK directory.
  • Optionally, you can also avoid sourcing this script each time you use Qt on BlackBerry 10 by setting paths in the “qt.conf” file according the location of the NDK on your machine. Open “<path_to_ndk>/host<version>/<platform>/x86/usr/bin/qt.conf” and replace the values from QNX environment variables with the full path for the following entries:

1. Binaries = <path_to_ndk>/host<version>/<platform>/x86/usr/bin
  2. Headers = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/include/qt4
  3. Data = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/share/qt4

• Add “Libraries” entry in the “qt.conf” file, otherwise QtCreator will report that API detection has failed:

1. Libraries = <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib

• The BlackBerry 10 NDK Beta3 doesn’t provide a default mkspec. This will be fixed in the next release. For now, you need to explicitly specify the mkspec when you call qmake :

1. > qmake unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc # for device target
  2. > qmake unsupported/blackberry-x86-qcc # for Simulator target

or create a symbolic link to the default mkspec you want to use most:

1. > cd  <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs
  2. > ln -s unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc default
  3. # on Windows machines it may be necessary to create a "default"-directory within the mkspecs directory (instead of creating a link only) and copy all files from unsupported/<simulator- or device-target>/ into it.

While using QtCreator later, you can specify and change the mkspec via the “Kit” settings. This is explained later.

• If you build a project using Qt Quick with BlackBerry 10 NDK Beta 3, your need to explicitly add modules which QtDeclarative depends on to the “QT” variable in the “.pro” file of the project:

1. QT += declarative opengl script xmlpatterns sql network svg

Note that in the next NDK releases those issues should be fixed so you won’t need to go through those steps to set up correctly your Qt.

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Creator-with-BlackBerry-10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
viral_parmar
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: BSNL

Thanks for the reply.
Now i am facing a new problem, Warning : "QMLViewer not installed"
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
lew
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

@viral how did you fix the issue with the error 'Qt version is not properly installed...'

I'm not sure what needs to be done for the following task:

The BlackBerry 10 NDK Beta3 doesn’t provide a default mkspec. This will be fixed in the next release. For now, you need to explicitly specify the mkspec when you call qmake :

> qmake unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc # for device target
> qmake unsupported/blackberry-x86-qcc # for Simulator target

or create a symbolic link to the default mkspec you want to use most:

> cd  <path_to_ndk>/target<version>/qnx6/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs
> ln -s unsupported/blackberry-armv7le-qcc default
# on Windows machines it may be necessary to create a "default"-directory within the mkspecs directory (instead of creating a link only) and copy all files from unsupported/<simulator- or device-target>/ into it.

copied the files to the default folder but still doesnt work :smileysad:

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
lew
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

nevermind found the issue....had to set the absolute path for the qt.conf paths (can't use the qnx environment variables...for some reason the bbndk_env.bat is not setting them properly for QtCreator - might be some admin priviledges BS on win7)

Please use plain text.