Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
sawrubh
My Device: Dev Alpha

Problem with QML Preview

I am working in the QNX Momentics IDE and with Cascades/QML and I tried to preview a qml file in which I has used some bb.multimedia components, and the preview pane fails to render the preview complaining of "Problem loading qml file: module bb.multimedia is not installed" . I am wondering if I'm supposed to install this separately or should it come bundled with the IDE itself ?

Also when I use any bb.multimedia component in my source, then instead of suggesting of word completion and checking what I've written is correct or not and warning me (like normally happens in QML and JavaScript) it instead shows this "i" symbol against that line and says for example : "The MediaPlayer component might be an unknown or custom component. Its properties are not validated."

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Thanks.

Developer
Developer
klz
My Device: Z10 LE + Playbook

Re: Problem with QML Preview

[ Edited ]

As far as I know this is a known issue and there is no way to fix it. We have to wait until RIM  do that on their side.

Thank you!
----------------------------
My Apps: Alchemy Game | Image Resizer | Jam! | Traffic Signs: USA | Radio Record
My Blog: http://bb10pro.com
Contributor
hieupious
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Problem with QML Preview

I have the same problem. And I found no way to solve it