Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Problems building for simulator on OSX Lion

After installing the BB10 NDK - no errors or problems with the installation -  I attempted to build a simple hello world app under Mac OSX Lion

When I build it for a device, it compiles and links correctly.

When I set the active build config to the simulator, everything compiles correctly but I get several linker errors:

Sample of errors:

/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/ntox86-ld: cannot find -lQtDeclarative

/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/ntox86-ld: cannot find -lQtScript

(And so on, for six or seven mroe libs)

These libs are present in x86 form, under the x86 target directory.

Do I need to manually set up the library path for mac/x86? And if so, how? I've been through all the options I can find for the project/workspace, and whlie I see the settings for changing include path, I've not found anything for lib path.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jamespaulmuir
My Device: Z10 / PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems building for simulator on OSX Lion

I had this same problem and found out that it was caused by a persistent qmake variable called QNX_STAGE

I was able to check by running this command:

/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/qmake -query QNX_STAGE

and the new BB10 has one of its base build conf files (/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/target/qnx6/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/common/qcc-base-qnx.conf) using the value of QNX_STAGE in the build (which mine was set to some bogus previous installation of Qt)

I was able to unset the variable by running this command, and then everything worked afterwards:

/Developer/SDKs/bbndk-10.0.4-beta/host/macosx/x86/usr/bin/qmake -unset QNX_STAGE

Please use plain text.
Developer
Marc_Paradise
My Device: PlayBook -> 9900, 9810, 9800, 9700,9000, 8800, 8700...
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problems building for simulator on OSX Lion

Excellent, thank you! This did the trick.

Try out BBSSH, a free Blackberry SSH client.
  • If you like my post, please let me know by Liking it!
  • If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.

Please use plain text.