Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile
Accepted Solution

Publishing Help

Hi there,

So I am a begininer in developing games, im using unity3d, this is my first game that I made, now im not sure how im supposed setup stuff on my computer, unity, and publish the app for a 99 cents, I need help ASAP, I went on the developer website, and it gives me a whole lot of plug ins for adt and simulaters, eclipse, I downloaded all of that, I also want to test my unity game on my bbz10, also when ever I sign up for sighing keys, I don't get the email, I sighned up 5 times already in the past 3 days, and nothing is happening
Retired
My Device: Limited Edition Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Publishing Help

There is documentation on the Unity and BlackBerry sites that help explain how to set up the environment:

Unity for BlackBerry 10: Getting Started: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/05/unity-blackberry-10/

Setting up Unity to Build to Your Blackberry10 Device: https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/bb10-setup.html

As for the signing keys, did you check your junk mail folder? 

New Developer

Yah, I checked my spam mail, cause I have Gmail, but there is nothing there, not sure why.
New Developer

Also what about the plug in stuff, do I need all of that then, cause I want to test my game on my bbz10, but I'm not sure how
Retired
My Device: Limited Edition Z10

You need to follow each of the steps listed in the Unity documentation:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/bb10-setup.html

When you go to this page for your code signing keys:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/codesigning.html

Select the first option:

"For BlackBerry 10 apps developed using a BlackBerry 10 SDK 10.2 or higher, or BlackBerry 10 WebWorks..."

It will ask you to log in with your BlackBerry ID, and you should be able to dirctly download your token for signing apps.

New Developer

yes, so i just sighned up again, the selected the blackberry 10 box at the top, then i got a csk file too download, i downloadded in the place bb told me to, in the RIM folder. i should receive it soon right, also i was look around to publish the app through vender portal, and it says there is a $200 adminsitraition fee, is that true

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi there, can you please provide a link to where you found that?

There is no fee to develop for BlackBerry: no charge to sign up as a vendor and no charge to distribute applications through our storefront. There is a 70:30 split in revenue for any sales (in favour of the developer) which is the same as other mobile marketplaces.

For Unity, you can download the free version and develop for BlackBerry without any charge. If you want the additional functionality of Unity Pro, you will need to buy a Unity Pro license. Once you buy that license, BlackBerry is also included so you do not need to pay extra to get support for BlackBerry; it is included in the Unity Pro license.

Note that for Unity, BlackBerry ID code signing tokens weren't supported last I checked and you will actually need to use this option:
For BlackBerry PlayBook apps or BlackBerry 10 apps developing using a 10.1 or lower SDK or BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK below 2.0.

Double check that your request is actually submitted. The "confirmation" page looks a lot like a "submitted" page, but if you don't click through to "actually" submit, the keys will never get sent. Once submitted, the should arrive within one hour.

If they do not arrive to your address within that time please try resubmitting with an alternate email address.

Once received, we can walk through the steps registering them.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
New Developer

Oh alright, thanks so much, so when i sign up, i go all the way down and put my name, and stuff, the pin etc, but when i go up to select bb 10, and playbook it automatically goes to the next apge, wich asks, for a password, i put it in, then it gives me a key (csk file (bbidtoken)) to download, at the first page where i put my name and stuff, im not able to clikc submit at the bottom, because i need to select the BB10 box at the top but then it automatically goes to the nesxt page, i sighned up again this morning and still havent gotten anything

New Developer

Once again, i just signed up and without checking the box, i filled th rest f the info clicked submit, then its says please select at least one sighning thing, so i select bb 10 at the top and then it goes to another pges asking for bb id, i put it my id, then it says craet bb token, and asks for password i do that then it gives me a csk bbidtoken file to put in the RIM folder under %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion, i do that, now im gonna wait another hour and see

New Developer

opps lol i just checked i kept on clicking the top on, now its working i clicked the 2nd one, thanks