Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK
Accepted Solution

QML Desgin Mode: module "bb.multimedia" is not installed

I've using multimedia elements in my app and when I open Design Mode in the QML editor, I get the following error:

Problem loading qml file:

module "bb.multimedia" is not installed

I've read in the forum that some users have had trouble linking to custom C++, but I'm just using the built-in libraries.

I've tried to uninstall / reinstall the IDE with no success.

Any thoughts?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
lew
My Carrier: -

Re: QML Desgin Mode: module "bb.multimedia" is not installed

this is a known issue...if you do a search on the forum, you will see that anything else from bb.cascades 1.0 and javascript imports will prevent you from using the QML previewer...

lets hope that the release coming this week fixes this!

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

Thanks. I did search but a number of posts seemed to have conflicting info so I had to ask before I wasted anymore time trying to fix it.

Fingers crossed for this week!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Developer
douglasb
My Carrier: O2, Vodafone

I too have the same problem with Beta 4, but based on what Don has said in another thread I am not going to lose any sleep over it and just test straight onto the device.

Douglas

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118

Agreed - it's not a deal-breaker, just a little annoying.

What I do now is layout in a seperate QML file and then bring in the stuff I've created. A faff but it works.

Please use plain text.