Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Ronl_2k12
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900, Blackberry DevAlpha, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

QML Editor/ Pre-viewer

I'm Currently working with the QML editing and trying to set up xml data to be read and displayed. using the samplefrom Github, its required for me to import bb.data 1.0

But the QML editor is giving me a 3:1 Module "bb.data 1.0" is not installed.

Is this a known bug, or something else i need to fix ?   Hope this is resolved in the next IDE update, Thanks for your time

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez
My Device: Not Specified

Re: QML Editor/ Pre-viewer

Hi!

It's a known bug. The 'accepted' workaround solution is to comment out the includes that give you grief, preview your QML, then uncomment to build.

I think in a later IDE it will be fixed!

Please use plain text.
Developer
markwilcox
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: GiffGaff

How is this an "accepted" workaround?  If you comment out import statements that cause problems then the code that needs those imports won't work - if you comment that out too then you've probably lost a good chunk of your UI. :smileyhappy:

I assume the viewer works for "pure" QML and this will fail for any imports that are registered from your C++ code?

Anyone know if there's a bug for this I can track?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
MedNez
My Device: Not Specified

By no means is it a good solution, just the accepted one by most of the devs. Someone seems to have gotten confirmation it has high priority:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/qmlRegisterType-and-QML-previewing/m-p/1...

(last post)

I can't find anything in the issue tracker though!

Please use plain text.
Developer
markwilcox
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: GiffGaff

Hmmm, thanks for that.  The thread also said that all the public issues were closed unresolved... so that explains the issue tracker.

For me this made the visual designer useless after 1 day of development... I think I'd rather stick to using the simulator than changing my workflow to lay everything out before hooking up any data from the network.  Completely understand that this is a tough thing to do but currently the designer is being rather oversold in the docs.

If Cascades had the network transparency that exists in vanilla QML so I could get JSON data and images with pure QML while prototyping then it wouldn't be a problem.

Please use plain text.