Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
PtSyFr
My Device: Not Specified

Re: QML symbian qt-components for PlayBook!

With these I get the same problem.

But I am currently recompiling all the stuff (actually the 3rd time today) and I think that I found the problem. I will post an update later.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Hmmm, those work for me. I build them using the qmake from the latest Qt4.8.2 libs built for armv7le...

Maybe I posted an older version... I will double check when I get home and post back...

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PtSyFr

Here is the trick: If you are using the provided Qt SDK binaries then you have to change the build key to "qnx". If you are manully compiling Qt for Playbook then automatically "blackberry" is used as key. This mechanism is used by Qt to "guarantee" compatibility of plugins.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Glad you got it working!

I have always used the latest 4.8.2 git repo configured manualy, in place of the original binaries.

I find the qml performance is much better using at least the 4.8.2 release compared to the Qt that comes with the Qt bb SDK...

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Contributor
misugijunz
My Device: Torch 9810 | PlayBook
My Carrier: Three - Indonesia

Hi...

Sorry, I open this thread again. Since I've couple apps written for symbian and I wanted it to be ported. Can someone post a sample of a .pro file. I've one which works well but I'm finding that all qt libraries are included/packaged to the compiled .bar file and the size is bloated above 100mb, the application itself in symbian is about 20mb. Appreciate for any help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PtSyFr

You have to include the Qt libraries to get it working with the current Playbook OS (with OS 10 there will be cascades which is more or less the same as Qml). You can reduce the size by copying only the required Qt libraries (e.g. by trial and error) into a separate directory and link to this directory from the project xml file.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mcguire
My Device: Blackberry Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Some more tips to reduce the size:

• build the libraries in release mode and then strip them (with e.g.  arm-unknown-nto-qnx8.0.0-strip)
  • Don't include the symlinked version in the BAR file, as it doesn't support symlinks and will copy the file three times. I.e. instead of having libQtCore.so.4.8.0, libQtCore.so.4 and libQtCore.so, only have one of them (can't remember which is the correct one right now)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
PtSyFr

for me, so.4 is the correct one at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
misugijunz
My Device: Torch 9810 | PlayBook
My Carrier: Three - Indonesia

Please use plain text.
New Developer
New Developer
rzr
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)
My Carrier: www.rzr.online.fr

Please use plain text.