Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
micrcx
My Device: playbook

QT 4.8.1 for Playbook. How to specify the target for application in the QT Creator?

I installed on my laptop under Windows 7 QT for BB Playbook and QT Creator and was able to create and build the simple project.

14:25:38: Running steps for project First...
14:25:38: Starting: "C:\bbndk-2.0.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\make.exe" clean -w
make.exe: Entering directory `C:/BBQt/First'
rm -f moc_mainwidget.cpp
rm -f ui_mainwidget.h
rm -f main.o mainwidget.o moc_mainwidget.o
rm -f *~ core *.core
make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/BBQt/First'
14:25:40: The process "C:\bbndk-2.0.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\make.exe" exited normally.
14:25:40: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
14:25:40: Starting: "C:\bbndk-2.0.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\make.exe" -w
make.exe: Entering directory `C:/BBQt/First'
c:/QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/bin/uic.exe mainwidget.ui -o ui_mainwidget.h
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -c -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/mkspecs/default -I. -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtCore -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtGui -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include -I. -I. -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -o main.o main.cpp
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -c -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/mkspecs/default -I. -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtCore -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtGui -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include -I. -I. -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -o mainwidget.o mainwidget.cpp
C:/QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/bin/moc.exe -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/mkspecs/default -I. -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtCore -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtGui -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include -I. -I. -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -D__QNXNTO__ mainwidget.h -o moc_mainwidget.cpp
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -c -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/mkspecs/default -I. -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtCore -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include/QtGui -I../../QtPlaybookSDK/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/include -I. -I. -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include -I../../bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/usr/include/freetype2 -o moc_mainwidget.o moc_mainwidget.cpp
qcc -Vgcc_ntoarmv7le -lang-c++ -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,C:/bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -Wl,-O1 -o First main.o mainwidget.o moc_mainwidget.o -LC:/bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -LC:/bbndk-2.0.0/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -LC:\QtPlaybookSDK\Playbook\Qt\4.8.1\lib -lQtGui -L/home/andy/playbook/qt/stage/Playbook/Qt/4.8.1/lib -L/opt/bbndk-2.0.0-beta2/target/qnx6/armle-v7/lib -L/opt/bbndk-2.0.0-beta2/target/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib -lQtCore -lm
make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/BBQt/First'
14:25:56: The process "C:\bbndk-2.0.0\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\make.exe" exited normally.
14:26:11: No hostname specified for device
Error while building/deploying project First (target: QNX Arm)
When executing step ''

The problem arose during deployment because I must define the target device (in my case it's 192.168.2.100). I know how make it in QNX Momentics IDE. How I've should be make this in QT Creator?

Developer
BikeAtor
My Device: Playbook

Re: QT 4.8.1 for Playbook. How to specify the target for application in the QT Creator?

Open Project in QtCreator Extras -> Configuration -> Linux devices->Add I hope this is the correct translation.
Contributor
micrcx

Re: QT 4.8.1 for Playbook. How to specify the target for application in the QT Creator?

Thanks. QT creator really works and I was able to run the QT application on my Playbook. However your information was inaccurate. I couldn't find option Extras in version QTcreator for BB tablet. The choice of target has should be done from the menu Tools->Options->Linux Devices. Next, you must specify the target, password, set debug token and generate a ssh private key. This is certainly not the binomial theorem, but it would be better if would be provided adequate, more precise and more detailed information for developers. Nobody wants to done research of available options of the application QT Creator. Maybe there is some documentation on this application?

Developer
jheron

Read the Qt creator documentation (it should be included). The Qt framework supports a multitude of different OS's and proc's and unless they are setup as QtSDK defaults you need to manually set them up.

With any linux device you need to setup the tunnel due to the security features with various Unix based devices, refer to the particular device doc's to see whats required to connect.

The method with creator is always the same, click the 'Projects' button on the left and work through setting up the build environment such as the appropriate Qt version, tool chain, PATH and variables, etc. Then click the 'run' tab on the floating tool bar where it shows the OS's and from there you can setup the tunnel or emu or whatever you may need to connect to a particular device or virtual device. These options can also be found under tools->options too.

It takes some getting used to but once you get onto it I think you will find Qt creator is very powerful and much nicer to use then eclipse, at least in my opinion!

Here is a good start: http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-2.5/index.html

Good luck!

Jon

Developer
jheron

By the way, with my linux version of the bb Qtcreator there was an option for QNX/playbook, I did not have to use the generic linux device option for this version.

It also had out of the box debugging output working for my playbook.

Nice!

Cheers,

Jon

Developer
xsacha
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I think it depends on the version of QtCreator.