Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Zingam

Re: QT 4.8.4 (yes 4.8.4) Build Posting

It will be replaced by BB10 after the release of the phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sonyfever
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Hi bryanh99,

I use Windows and got QtCreator 2.6 running with NDK beta 3.

I downloaded the 4.8.3 you compiled and used the script you mentioned earlier to swap out the libs in NDK folder.

However, when I rebuilt the project I got the following error:

libQtOpenGL.so.4: undefined reference to `QGLContextPrivate::swapRegion(QRegion const&)'

Any idea what caused this?

My kit still uses the qmake under host_10_0_9_52 and the Qt version still points to 4.8.3 under host_10_0_9_52. Do I need to change them somehow?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sonyfever
My Carrier: ATT

Self-reply:

I can deploy the app now by taking the following steps:

1. Need to put the pre-compiled Qt_SDK_4.8.3 folder under c:\qt_build for QtCreator 2.6 to pick up the pre-compiled Qt.

2. Fixed Qt version by pointing to the pre-compiled Qt 4.8.3 ARM build and using the default BBNDK compiler instead of MinGW.

3. I still got the QtOpenGL error I mentioned earlier. I hacked around this issue by manually replacing the libQtOpenGL.so* files under target_xxx/qnx6/armle-v7/usr/lib/qt4/lib with those from BBNDK. Now I can compile and deploy the app.

But when the app launched, I got an error message:

plugin cannot be loaded for module "com.nokia.symbian": The plugin '/apps/xxxxxxx/native/qml/imports/com/nokia/symbian.1.1/libsymbianplugin_1_1_3.so' uses incompatible Qt library. Expected build key "arm blackberry qcc no-pkg-config", got "Windows mingw release full-config"

I copied the Qt components from the ARM folder....

Maybe it's time to try compiling the components myself.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Carrier: Vip

QtCreator 2.6 says that it can't find Qt headers and thus no code completion for them. If I use #include <QUdp> or #include <QtGui/QPainter> this line gets underlined with message No such file or directory. But qmake/compile works without problem. I'm using QT 4.8.3 libs for blackberry (arm and x86), here is qcc-base-qnx.conf http://pastebin.com/WvnvrgA8 which clearly shows that include path is set by qmake paths. What's the problem here ?
Please use plain text.