If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
sporadicsoftware
My Device: Bold 9930 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Qt and Swipe Down

Has anyone got the Swipe Down gesture to work with Qt? I tried using the native events but it appears QApplicationgets the events somehow (using QCoreApplication I was able to receive the Swipe Down event). Maybe there is something in QApplication that we can override/implement?

Nic

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
xsacha
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra LTE

Re: Qt and Swipe Down

I haven't checked out QtCore, but I would assume it would appear as an event like you were able to find.

If you add the cascades lib to your QtQuick project, you can use the swipeDownQml() event.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fiferboy
My Device: Torch 9600, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

For the swipe down menu in Qt you need to listen for Qt::Key_Menu or in QML you can use Qt.Key_Menu.  I have tested both of these and they work perfectly for me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jheron
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ...

Good to know!

So to add options to the swipe down menu I assume it can be done like with the stanard Qmenu() or menuBar() with addAction() addSeperator() etc?

Cheers,

Jon

Please use plain text.
Developer
sporadicsoftware
My Device: Bold 9930 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

Thanks! I just come on here to report that I had found it myself but it appears I could have saved some brain power. 

For my menu I created a Widget and placed my buttons and such there. I thought the normal Qt menu stuff would be too small and PC centric. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

I am sorry to bring this old thread up but on the latest 10.1.0.1720 SDK my QMainWindow receives QEvent::smileytongue:latformPanel when I swipe up-down to bring menu up and no Qt::Key_Menu events. Has anything changed?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
xsacha
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra LTE

I believe it has!

I'm still compiling code with 10.0.9 SDK but I have a device with 10.1.0.1720 installed and it no longer responds to swipe down events as a Menu key.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Thanks for confirming. I've spent good hour trying to figure out why it works for other people but not for me.

Please use plain text.