Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
paku
My Device: Q10

Qt.include in javascript files not working in BlackBerry 10 Native SDK 10.1 Beta refresh

Hi,

I developed application for BB10 device without qwerty keyboard (Z10). Now I want to test it with new beta SDK which supports Q10 device. I imported my project to new the beta SDK and I tried to compile but without success. I have a few javascript files which imports other javasript files with Qt.include. I notice that on beta SDK this doesn't work anymore. I need to merge it into files without includes. Is it only bug in this beta version (It will be fixed in next versions) or Qt.include will be not supported anymore?

Regards,

Maciek

Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

Re: Qt.include in javascript files not working in BlackBerry 10 Native SDK 10.1 Beta refresh

I have the same problem.
Will Qt.include not be available anymore or is it just a bug of the new SDK? I'm using the one that was released yesterday (10.1.0.1483).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
New Contributor
DirkSonguer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Qt.include in javascript files not working in BlackBerry 10 Native SDK 10.1 Beta refresh

I have the same issue. I noticed that my application would not run in the published simulators for 10.1, eg. the newest 10_1_X_1483. That the application can call a method in a JavaScript file but it throws an error when it could not find a class that was defined in another JavaScript file, which was included on top. Hence Qt.include seems somewhat broken.

I added a bug report here: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1165

BlackBerry Development Advisor
sabdelsayed
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

This is a bug that has been escalated and is currently being investigated internally. From the first impressions, it is related to the newly introduced asset selection mechanism in the 10.1 beta SDK. As a workaround until a fix is implemented, please use an absoulte file path file:///. We have confirmed that this workaround solves the issue.

@SamarAbdelsayed

Did this answer your question? Please accept post as solution.
Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Found a bug? Report it using the Issue Tracker