Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
Accepted Solution

Qt3D

[ Edited ]

Any chance of using Qt3D in Cascades? I know we can't use QGLView, Widgets, QtQuick, and I know we can use OpenGL in a foreign window. I was wondering whether it would be possible to use the lower level Qt3D classes in a foreign window?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
BlackBerry Development Advisor
klajili
My Device: 9900

Re: Qt3D

Well, I don't think so but let me dig into that internally and come back to you asap
klajili
My Device: 9900

As Cascades does not use the Qt rendering engine there is no guarantee that Qt3D will work. Anway QtQuick modules cannot be mixed with a Cascades.
EunKyung
My Device: Passport

More info on Qt3D classes.  Although it is not currently avaialbe out of the box from NDK, dev teams are looking into providing a way how the Qt rendering engine could use a Cascades Foreign Window. In theory it should be possible...

----------------------------------------------------
Hope this was helpful. Happy Coding!
EK @echotown
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Any progress on this?

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands