Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Callmobile - T-Mobile

QtLocation (qt5) and Blackberry

[ Edited ]

I am currently porting a Qt application to BB10 and as QtMobility (and QtLocation) is only supported as a subset (without map view), I have tried to compile Qt5 myself. While Qt5 works quite well under BB10, it seems that QtLocation does not yet support Blackberry devices (no specific plugin is available). Do you know if there are some plans for Qt5? Or if anybody tried to port the Qt4 QtLocationSubset to Qt5?

I know that porting the application to cascades using the custom map view is also a possibility but besides the porting effort, I also cannot test it with the simulator. Plus the missing features (such as custom fonts)...

Developer
My Device: Bold

Re: QtLocation (qt5) and Blackberry

Hi,

Why do you want to use Qt5? Some feature in particular?

Right now I'm testing an app with el QTLocationSubset + QT4, and works  fine.

Regards

New Developer
My Device: BB10 Simulator
My Carrier: Callmobile - T-Mobile

Re: QtLocation (qt5) and Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Yes, Qt4 with QtLocationSubset works well but without map.

Additionally, Qt5 is interesting for me because of:

- The new incoming Quick Controls (http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-dev/qtquickcontrols/qtquickcontrols-index.html)

- Quick2 and OpenGL rendering (Qt4 rendering is a little bit slow)

- The full QtLocation with maps (including OSM plug-in which supports offline maps)

- More flexibility for the future

As far as I know, Blackberry already supports Qt5 quite well. I hope that Qt5 packages will be part of future BB10 releases. But positioning is still missing Smiley Sad