Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Question about providing release bundle for other language

My application has been approved to release. now I want to provide a seperate release for other language, should I create new product? or should I create new bundle under the current product.

My application is using dynamic license mode,

Q1:

if I create new bundle under current product, will the appworld send to my applyLicense link with same product name?

Q2:

If I create new bundle under current product, will user have choice to download language bundle? since they are differet BAR files

Please help me on this matter

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Question about providing release bundle for other language

Why not just localize your first application and save the hassle of trying to maintain different builds?

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/documentation/recipe_locale2_1935308_11.html 

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: playbook

Thanks, your input is useful information.

But There is situation while the locale is set to be english, while user prefer to choose different language. my application content for different languange is totally different. and also I don't want to display a dialog when application load to ask user to choose which language they want, I think that will increase the load time and decrease user experience.

Does anybody supply different BAR files for different language?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Why not launch in English (if that is set on the device and the user must be able to read English) then have an Options or Setting section where the language can be changed? This is how most multi-language applications I've used operate and it does not degrade the user experience.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!