Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
trollixx
My Device: BB10 Dev Alpha C

QuickCascades - create UI for BB10 applications with QtQuick

[ Edited ]

Hi, all.

Long time ago I've mentioned about my work on Cascades-like QML components for QtQuick. Although current progress is far from finish and project is in very early draft state, I've decided to push the code to the public repository.

QuickCascades will become a full featured QML plugin to build BB10 UI one day (I hope :smileywink: ), but today it should be considered as a reference or collection of some basic set of components and ideas to build Cascades look and feel in pure QtQuick.

Current component set (everything isn't finished yet though):

1. TabbedPane (sidebar-based (menu button) tab switching atm)
  2. NavigationPane (supports only preloaded pages atm)
  3. ActionBar
  4. TextField
  5. Button
  6. TitleBar
  7. Label

NavigationPane can be used as TabbedPane tab already, but there's some issues with action proxying.

Very basic ThemeManager with hardcoded colors.

Nearest future plans:

1. Dynamic component loading in NavigationPane
  2. Better actions support
  3. TabbedPane tabs on the panel
  4. TextField clean up cross
  5. New ThemeManager with custom themes loaded from ini-files
  6. Bundled Cascades dark and light themes
  7. DropDown-like component (maybe SelectBox or so, no direct analogue in the Cascades)
  8. Button reimplemented without images
  9. Examples

Future plans:

1. All Cascades visual components should have their QuickCascades analogue

First of all I'm implementing features needed for my current work project but I'm trying to keep QuickCascades independent from it.

Link to the repository: https://bitbucket.org/trollixx/quickcascades/
License is LGPL 2.1 like Qt itself.

If you have any interest in developing for BB10 with QtQuick I'll be happy to share my experience.

P.S. I have troubles with creating images for some components like ActivityIndicator, CheckBox, Slider or default icons (I am not an artist :smileyhappy: ) and I will appreciate any help in this area.

--
Oleg Shparber