Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
helixion
My Device: Developing on multiple models
My Carrier: Multiple providers
Accepted Solution

RSA and DES encryption

Hi,

I am trying to implement BB10 RSA and DES encryptions. Currently I have a poor visibility of the BB implementations of them. This link provides an example of one way encryption (which I am not after) and this discussion provides an example that uses openssl library. 

I prefer to use the BB10 implementation or is it best to use the openssl? Is there any example that I can follow? Or please point me to the right documentation.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

Re: RSA and DES encryption

[ Edited ]

This is the starting point,

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/bb10/com.qnx.doc.crypto/topic/c_sb_overview.html

There's some sample code here...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/AES-encryption-decryption-is-not-working-p...

Note: Looking back at your previous posts it seems you just ask your question then leave it at that.  If you want to encourage others to help in your problems then please get used to using the 'like -thumbs up' button next to the post and closing off your postings by accepting one of the answers as the solution.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
helixion

[ Edited ]

Thanks BBSJdev. I saw your similar reply to a similar question before. As I have mentioned, I am looking for an example (or some procedure) for me to have some visitbility. The link you have given can be reached from one of the links I provided in the original post. I have gone through that and still haven't got a clear idea (I am a dumb :smileyhappy: ). That's why I posted here. 

Just saw your modified post and thanks for the pointer to the sample code. I will try to follow it and give an update.

Thanks for your time and reply.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
helixion

Thanks BBSJdev. Those links were very useful. Just completed the Crypto development (and now comes testing and other unpleasant things :smileyhappy: ). 

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, I think this will come up time and again, would you consider writing a KB article when you have the time (I know there never is any :smileyhappy:) so others have something more concrete to be directed to.

I'll happily review and add to it if you do. I would consider doing it myself but I'm bogged down converting my app for Q10 (even more so I don't have my Dev Alpha) and half way through writing another KB article.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
helixion

Will definitely do (however it won't be in next 2 weeks). Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
swaroop7
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi,

can you post example for DES??

Thanks.

Please use plain text.