Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
NareshPalle
My Device: non-BlackBerry user

Re: NFC on BB10, how to interact with Mifare desfire card(Type-4 tag)

[ Edited ]

hi

I'm going to write simple NFC application in BB10. My application will talk with Type4 (here I'm using Mifare Desfire Card)tag. how can i send apdu commands (ISO 7816-4) to Mifare desfire card? which api will be helpfull for communicating with Type 4 tags? I reffered NFCTool app but i could not find api for communication with Type 4 tags.

and one more doubt is does BB10 support Mifare classic cards?

I set nfc_register_tag_readerwriter(TAG_TYPE_ISO_14443_4) then

My card(Desfire) is detected but i do not  know how to interact with desfire card, I could not find proper api for type 4 tags.

Please let me know... .which api i need to use?         

It's an urgent...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Every time someone asks about NFC cards, I seem to hear that Mifare classic is out. Representative response: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-f269/where-get-nfc-tags-card-bb10-745301/#post7632106

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NareshPalle

Firstly, Thanks for ur reply

But I could not find answer to my question in ur reply.... how to interact with type 4 tags(14443-4) by using BB10?

here i am using mifare DESfire card as type 4 tag.

Please help me.
 It's an urgent requirement

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

I was responding to this part of your question: "and one more doubt is does BB10 support Mifare classic cards?"

In my answer I said "Mifare classic is out", which (in case it's a local idiom you didn't understand) means "you can't use them".

I have no response for the rest of your question, sorry.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NareshPalle

[ Edited ]

hi.

Thanks for responding to my post, I understood ur answer in your earliar reply

I knew that BB does not support Mifare Classic.Actually my intension is to know whether this feature is added in BB10 or not.

Because Previously i worked on rest of BB mobiles(Curve), Present i'm working on BB10 mobile.

By using java apis I wrote an application for accessing Type 4 tags(here Mifare DESfire was used) in BB -Curve.

Presently I am going to implement samething in BB10 using Native Development APIs. But I could not find proper native apis for type 4 tags to interact.

I'm requesting you.

Please help me...please treat my problem as ur problem.....

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

Although I now notice that the linked article does not explicitly mention BB10, I believe the response was intended to reflect the poster's belief that BB10 *also* does not support the Mifare Classic tags. This was why I posted it. I did see that your question was about BB10.

I also seem to recall one of the RIM guys saying in the Jam Americas NFC session (in San Jose) that Mifare Classic is not supported on BB10 either, because (if my memory is correct) it doesn't follow the standards properly.

I have no response to any other portion of your question.

Please use plain text.