Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha & PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Read Version Number Within App

Is it possible to access the version number from within an app? If I for example wanted to display the version number on the about page.

My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Read Version Number Within App

If you are talking about your own apps version you can get it using ApplicationInfo::version()...

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__applicationinfo.html#property-version

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

AFAIK the answer is no, but it could be just that I've never run across it. I just use three #defines in my C++ code for the release major, minor, and step values, and a Q_INVOKABLE function on the UI class to retrieve the release number, but of course this means I have to bump them up manually with each new release. I have a release checklist I follow that includes this step.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

@greenmr Pipped to the post again... and with the wrong answer. :smileylol:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10

@BBSJdev Oops... that why I said AFAIK. I knew if anyone came in to correct me it would be you.

:Oops:

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.