Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
sketch34
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Recommended way of dealing with revoked/denied app permissions?

Are there any guidelines for handling this?

At the moment I'm aiming to keep as much of the app functional as possible, and display a toast with button in two circumstances:

1) On app load if the permission has been denied.

2) At the moment(s) the app requires the denied/revoked permission.

"The XXXX app requires the requested permissions in order to YYYY. Please enable the requested permissions in the System Settings." / "OK"

----
I know exactly where the problem *might* be.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Recommended way of dealing with revoked/denied app permissions?

[ Edited ]

Not that I've read.

Of the apps that I've seen handle this, some are silent (i.e. they remove any menu options, buttons, etc.), some put up messages and explain how to enable, some refuse to start the app and others just crash. :smileywink:

I think you need to choose the best option (not the 4th one obviously) depending on what the permission is.

For example if it is just to enable 'BBM Invite to Download' then probably just hide the option, as there is no point hassling a user over something really only beneficial to you, however if it's an essential part of your app then a message on how to enable would be the best course of action.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.