Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Rectangle icons in gridlayout qml

I'm trying to duplicate the rectangle icons found on the home screen of BB10 in a grid format. Right now I have a flat image of gird with my icons (no distinguishable area) and would like to see the boxed while on top of my background colour. how would this be done in cascades qml. Thanks

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.
Developer
bcs925
My Device: PlayBook, DA B, DA C, LE Z10 #102, Q10, Z30
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Rectangle icons in gridlayout qml

You could use use ListView with the grid layout.  Then use custom components for the list items.  You should be able to set a background color of each item (transparent gray), have an ImageView and Label on top of that.  Finally, have a background (anything of your chosing) for the whole Page... this piece would be independent of the ListView.

---
Check out my BB10 Cascades Coding site: BBcascades.com & Cascades Blog: bbcascadescode.tumblr.com

My Built for BlackBerry app: The Dive Plan
Please use plain text.
Developer
bbquincar
My Device: PlayBook, Z10, Dev C
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Rectangle icons in gridlayout qml

[ Edited ]

ok sounds good im going to try this toinght , ill reply back soon. thanks

**update worked thanks***

BlackBerry 10 game reviews for the unknown, small and indie developers. Little games with big dreams. VeryBerryGames.com | Follow @VeryBerryGames | TwoCasualCoders.com | never casual on quality
Please use plain text.