Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
tredpath
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 16GB/64GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Rejection from App World for non-Roman characters

I have no idea what the problems I'm getting from RIM for my app update are anymore (first version of the app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/17843583/?lang=en). An update to my app was rejected 3 times (these rejections were my fault) because I didn't support all of the new languages that exist on BB10 devices even though I selected that it supports all languages. I got the same copy/paste response from 3 different reviewers:

"After installing your application on the Blackberry Dev Alpha (OS version 10.9.1675), when we type something on the work field, it just show rectangle charters instead the letter."

So I have rigorously worked through every language that exists in the BB10 simulator to make sure that I cannot type a character in any language that will not show up. Now the response that I get is:

"Your application is using special characters that are not supported on our portal, please use the Roman alphabet in the app name, icon name and English description."

None of these things have changed since the first version was accepted for the Blackberry Playbook and as far as I can tell none of these values contain anything but characters from the Roman alphabet (the only language that I can speak or write is English so it is unlikely that I would input a non-Roman alphabet character).

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Please use plain text.