Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Release vs Bundle vs Package Version

When making a release to the BlackBerry World, should the Release, Bundle and Package Version all match?

I released an app and the package version was 1.0.0, but when I released an update (Package Verion 1.1.0) the Release Version was 2.0.  I'm now on Release 4.0, but I haven't  (based on my idea what is a major, medium or minor revision) update my package version to 4.0.0 or anything close to that.

Does it matter? 

I'm guessing it doesn't, but the annoyance I have is when I run a report, it shows the Release as 4.0.

I am wondering if, on the next release, I use the Package Version as the release number, if that would mess things up, since the Package Version would be something like 1.1.3 and not 5.0.

BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Release vs Bundle vs Package Version

I've kept mine in lockstep, if you don't change the number when you submit your update it will just increment by 1.0 each time, I believe it's just trying to be helpful.

This may be something that vendor support can help you with to get them back in step.

I made a mistake once with the numbering (1.1 instead of 1.01) and they sorted it out.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook

Re: Release vs Bundle vs Package Version

Thanks.

I sent a message to Support to see if I can get it fixed.