Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
m0rningst4r
My Device: PlayBook OS 2.0
My Carrier: N/A

Request crash logs from App World testing for my Qt app?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to get the crash log generated by my Qt app from the App World testing team?

Currently all I get from them through e-mail is:

- app crashes upon launch

This doesn't help at all. This is my second release submission and it takes a very long time for them even to send me feedback.

My app is a Solitaire card game written in Qt. So far from my testing it works fine and doesn't crash. I even reduced the features in the release build to try and get it pass release, still no dice.

Appreciate any help anyone here could provide.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Request crash logs from App World testing for my Qt app?

You say you tested it, but you didn't say explicitly that you tested it on an actual PlayBook. How did you test it? If only on the simulator, it's pretty easy (given that one is x86 architecture, and the other armv7le architecture) to mess up the build process and leave out a critical library or something in the release build.

I've never heard of the Test House providing a more detailed report on something based on a request here, so don't count on it... Though it would be nice if they could provide a copy of logs/log or something, but that's more than we could hope for right now.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: x

Exactly the same happened to me. It's tough to publish your app (especially Qt based) without testing it on real PlayBook. Borrow device from somebody who is lucky to have it and test your signed bundle (that you are shipping to App World).

Please use plain text.
New Developer
m0rningst4r
My Device: PlayBook OS 2.0
My Carrier: N/A

Could you share what you did to fix it? I am using Momentics to build, package and sign my app.

Unfortunately, getting my hands on an actual device is going to be a miracle. Hardly anyone here has one and the ones for sale are usually overpriced due to low demand.

Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot

I did nothing except borrowing Playbook. You can try to find people here who can try your signed app on real Playbook.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

I can try to test it on pb 16gb. just somebody explain me how to catch debug logs from bbndk during debug-run (there is no something like androids' ddms in bbndk)
Please use plain text.
Developer
BGmot

Please use plain text.