Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
EpicSoftworks
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Resources on Application Development?

hi, I'm a new application developer. I've been diving into the documentation for a couple of days now and being able to make an application. However, it would've been nice if there would be some more documentation on how to handle some of the stuff. I have to say that I'm not all too familiar with C and that I in particular and struggling with creating a GUI for my application, that being said it would also be nice to have some documentation on some of the native supported things like the swipe down menu.I would love to implement a lot of this native stuff and I would like to design the native application, but it seems pretty hard. Am i missing out on something, and does someone has some great resources/examples i could learn from?

Rob.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Resources on Application Development?

With a new SDK, documentation and tutorials will typically follow. It was like that when AIR SDK came out. Lots of questions with very few answers at the time. It will come, just need to be patient.
Please use plain text.
Developer
taylortbb
My Device: Bold 9900 + PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Resources on Application Development?

The issue with the UI is that there is no native UI toolkit yet available. The Native SDK 1.0 was basically designed to enable porting OpenGL games, though it has definitely been used for other things. Native SDK 2.0 is supposed to be in beta before the end of October, and that will include a proper native UI toolkit (Cascades). Until then building non-OpenGL apps will be rather difficult in the Native SDK, probably requiring you use Qt.

Most of the apps you see with native UIs are done using the AIR SDK currently.
--------
Taylor Byrnes
Please use plain text.