Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 8110
My Carrier: Generic
Accepted Solution

Reuse TextStyleDefinition

Hi,

I'm using TextStyleDefinition in every QML to define the style of the labels I'm using.

The problem is that I want to use those TextStyleDefinition in more than one QML, I want to reuse them because those styles I'm defining are used across the application. I've been trying to create a QML just for TextStyles but I can't get it to work using attachedObjects.

How can I achieve this? Basically I want to create TextStyles that can be used in every QML(Pages or Sheets).

Thank you very much indeed

Regards

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Reuse TextStyleDefinition

I would think you could attach those to your root QML component which, if you labelled it with "id: root" as many do, would let you access them from almost anywhere using "root.myStyleA.style" or something close to that. I haven't tested that exactly as described...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

use the Qt global object:

onCreationCompleted: {

Qt.myTextStyle = myTextStyle

}

attachedObject: [

TextStyleDefinition {

id: myTextStyle

}

]

Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

I have chosen the same method as lew, and it works pretty well.

It can be extended to other global variable to access: device-width, backgrounds and focus colors that you'll need again and again, ....