Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
roddy
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 6473095777
Accepted Solution

SDK Setup Issues

I went through the whole SDK setup as outlined on the "Setup the development environment" page.

I requested code signing keys for the smartphone and received 3 *.csi files.

I downloaded and installed the BB10 Native SDK

I downloaded and installed VMWare Fusion followed by the simulator which I'm able to run and obtain the IP as outlined in the guide.

I then launch the dev environment and go through the Blackberry Deployment Setup Wizard (again, as outlined).

It finds my simulator's IP automatically and I proceed to the Signing Registration where it requests CSJ files. I have none so I select the last option indicating I don't have them and proceed. The debug token tab is skipped and I click finish.

I then create an example app as the guide indicates but I can't perform step #2.

"In the Project Explorer view, double-click on the bar-descriptor.xml file, then click the Set from Debug Token button to set author information for the app."

I get a popup indicating that I have no debug tokens set.

I can build the app, which is step #3. But when I run it (#4), I get a run configurations popup indicating that I must select a target.

Anyone know where I went wrong? Not as simple a setup as I'd hoped.

PS. Running on a Mac.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
borceg
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

Re: SDK Setup Issues

[ Edited ]

You need 2 .csj files (tablet signing keys, if you're developing for tablet, must be in this format client-PBDT-xxxxxxxxxx and client-RDK-xxxxxxxxxxxx). Look in your inbox, or order new keys, but tablet only.

For smartphone, procedure is almost the same. Help here 

Then, follow the instructions https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/native/documentation/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.devguide/com.qnx.doc...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roddy

I have .csi files for smartphone development. Problem is I don't see any help on how to get those working.

I see instructions for the .csj file, but nothing for the others. Nothing in the software either indicating a difference. Even the link you posted takes me to tablet instructions. I looked around and everything just refers to the .csj files.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

CSI files are for smartphone development, CSJ are for PlayBook and BB10 development. You will need to order and register a set of CSJ files to create and test BB10/PlayBook apps:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Let me know if you have any issues with registering the keys.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
roddy

So what you're saying is in the Signed Keys request form I have to pick the Tablet option even though I want to develop a BB10 which will end up on a Smartphone?

If so, they haven't made it very clear. Appreciate your help.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

I completely agree. I will see about hving the form updated to list both tablet and BB10.

Thanks for the feedback!

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.