Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
lindstrom
My Device: Z30
Accepted Solution

SDK update from withing IDE - fails - every time

When trying to update SDK from withing the IDE, all files seems to fetch, but as soon as unpack/install starts (after aprx. 22% of the process) - it fails - every time - saying: 

Update SDKs has encountered a problem".. and the "details" show:

There was an error updating SDK. Press the Details button to review the error.
SDK Install Operation operation failed: An error occurred while installing the items
An error occurred while installing the items
session context was:smileysad:profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]bb10_0_09_native_sdk_684.10.0.10.684.group 1.0.0, action=com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.actions.SdkManagerPostInstallAction).
Can not save qconfig xml file.
An error occurred while installing the items
session context was:smileysad:profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]bb10_0_09_native_sdk_684.10.0.10.684.group 1.0.0, action=com.qnx.tools.ide.sdk.manager.core.actions.SdkManagerPostInstallAction).
Can not save qconfig xml file.

All our Windows 8 x64 installations gives the same error.

and local users have full Administrator rights - BBNDK installed on non-system drive

Any ideas of what's wrong?

New Contributor
berryian
My Device: Not Specified

Re: SDK update from withing IDE - fails - every time

I'm not too sure about this, but looking at the QNX_CONFIGURATION in the BBNDK-ENV.BAT you posted here, it looks like you may have installed the SDK as Windows user "bb10".

So try checking to see if user "bb10" exists and has access to the folder where qconfig.xml is supposed to be saved.

Failing that, you could try the manual process described here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Cascades-SDK-update-fails-An-error-occur... 

Developer
lindstrom

yes - the user is member of Administrators... and have fully rights to all folders..

we have 5 machines giving same trouble

have also logged in as windows Administrator - but same result

Developer
lindstrom

@berryian  - Thank you again - The link you provided for the manuall installation - took quite some time - but it worked!

New Contributor
berryian
My Device: Not Specified

No sweat. Glad it's all sorted out.