Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9860, Dev alpha

Re: SDK woes - share your pain - BAD SDK RELEASE

I reckon you need a better graphic card in order to view the QML preview :smileywink:

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Not when you get an error of component missing like Io have documented in the first page, and I have an ATi Radeon 6950.

I dubt the BB10 for the next 2 years will need that power. So please do not wink unless you are posting a solution.
New Contributor
My Device: 9860, Dev alpha

which OS are you using, according to RIM , "64 bit windows XP isn't officially supported". You might see your error because of this issue.

My solution doesn't work for you does not mean it is not an solution, my colleague change to a PC that has a good graphic card and he can now view the QML preview.

Developer
My Device: Z10

I have nvidia 430 and QML preview is working
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha

Whenever you experience the IDE crashing (usually due to QML Preview), please make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers. If it doesn't help, please post information about your OS version, graphics card and driver version.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

[ Edited ]

I can't believe this thread is still going and I laughed at the last post having upgraded my laptop to Win 8 on release (having been on the beta before that) and I'm still waiting for Lenovo to release updated graphic drivers for it months later, currently its locked on the slow graphics chip.

And yes QML preview crashes the IDE. :smileysad:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Developer
My Device: Z10

Make sure that you delete all traces of Cascades. Uninstall and delete all folders. Restart. Then install a fresh copy of the latest release.

I had crashing issues with the QML editor prior to doing this on two different PCs (Vista and 7). Afterwards, they both work great. I've put in well over 200 hours with no crashes.

Follow me on twitter @RileyGB - https://twitter.com/RileyGB
View my BB10 OpenSource projects - https://github.com/RileyGB/BlackBerry10-Samples