Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

SDL Orientation Changes?

Hey all! I have just started setting up NDK 2 on my laptop, and it's been lots of fun getting all of my SDL game code ported over and building on the Playbook.

One of the problems I'm running into is that BB SDL doesn't appear to support orientation changes. At least, when I try to refresh the video mode, I get this:

OpenGL window already created... this WILL fail

eglCreateWindowSurface: failed to allocate resources for the requested operation

That's always encouraging. Smiley Wink

Any thoughts? I poked around a bit in PLAYBOOK_SetVideoMode_GL(), but got nowhere fast.

It also looks like orientation-change events themselves aren't really being handled at all. I had to go peeking in orientation_get() to see the hardware orientation change at all.

Do any of the developers of this SDL port hang out around this forum? Can anybody speak to the possibility of getting orientation changes handled possibly through SDL_VIDEORESIZE events?

Thanks a ton!

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: SDL Orientation Changes?

Hi,

Thank you, your suggestion sounds great.  The team handling the SDL port  has been informed of your suggestions.  We welcome suggestions and contributions from the community and will prioritize appropriately.