Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
AdrianQuartx
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

[SMS-MMS] Rough structure of an MMS message?

Hi I have looked through the BlackBerry 10 Developer’s Guide to SMS and found it very usefull.

For sms, the message text is the attachment, any similar formats for MMS messages?

Such as how they work?

Is the MMS message body also in the first attachment, and other pictures and media from the second attachment onwards?

:Surrender:

Retired
mwoolley

Re: [SMS-MMS] Rough structure of an MMS message?

I'll get back to you on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Developer
AdrianQuartx

Take your time! You have already helped me alot :smileyvery-happy: :Rockon:

Developer
AdrianQuartx

Any update? :smileyvery-happy:

Retired
mwoolley

Yes, I now have some information on this subject from our development team, received in the last few days. I'll do my best to look at this and publish something suitable as soon as I can.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Developer
AdrianQuartx

Ok, thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

Retired
mwoolley

Hi

I've updated the Blackberry 10 Developer's Guide to SMS. It's now the BlackBerry 10 Developer's Guide to SMS and MMS :-)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development-Knowledge/BlackBerry-10-Developer-s-Guide-...

As you'll see, it turns our that MMS is pretty easy to send and receive and the same APIs as you use for SMS are involved.

Regards

Martin

Developer
AdrianQuartx

Thanks Martin!

Will read it first thing tomorrow :smileyvery-happy:

Stay awesome! Regards

Adrian

Retired
mwoolley

LOL, I'll try!

:-)

Developer
AdrianQuartx

Seems like the Message API is very well crafted, all I had to do was Change 

if (message.mimeType() == MimeTypes:smileyfrustrated:ms) to if (message.mimeType() == MimeTypes:Mms)

Another side question , if mms is automatically downloaded (for incoming mms), is the attachments downloaded when mms is viewed (like when viewing incoming email) or it arrives along with the mms?