Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
Mercurial
My Device: x

Same level pages on non-root level

I've read http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Pushing-TabbedPane-from-NavigationPane/td-... , and realized that TabbedPane should be used only on root level of the app. But what happens when we need a number of pages on the same level (which isn't root level)? I have a list of Game detail pages that should be on the same level, meaning I should be able to hop from one to another without going back. I tried adding a list of actions to the 'game page', each leading to a new sheet, but that'd mean that I'd have to go back and select another action to see another game detail page. Besides that, the 'game page' shouldn't actually exist, since game consists only of detail pages. I can simply ditch the page, and just keep the container, setting the content each time action is selected but I think it'd be an ugly solution.

How should I handle list of same level pages on non-root level ?

Thanks in advance

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Same level pages on non-root level

Pages are there to represent a single object and like pages of a book can't exist in the same space.

I can think of several methods to achieve what you want;

1) Place each of your 'Page' information in a Container instead and use a Horizontal ListView

2) Place each of your 'Page' information in a Container instead and using animation implement some form of swipe to move back and forward, I'm sure you've seen the myriad of ways this can be done with a myrid of different designs.

3) Accept the BB10 approach and use the navigationPane.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor
Mercurial
My Device: x

First and second approach are clear as day. I'm not sure what do you mean by 3) ?

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

It just means try not to fight against the controls BlackBerry have given you.

Users will be expecting a navigation back button so maybe they won't mind if you do it the BB10 way.

Obviously I ave no idea about your design choices or spec restrictions.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.