Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
moadib
My Device: developer
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

Scoreloop. How merge account with existing?

Is it possible to do something like "Merge or Transfer Device" on Android version of Scoreloop?

What i must do to connect user with existing profile?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Prenitha
My Device: BB Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Scoreloop. How merge account with existing?

Hi,

Yes.. It is possible. 

To do a merge/ transfer of a device to an existing Scoreloop account, the user/ player should try to update the User profile on the new device where he should specify the email address as the email address associated with the existing Scoreloop account. When an email address which is already associated with a Scoreloop account is specified, an automated email from the Scoreloop server is sent to the specified email. The email would contain the link which they could use to merge the accounts.

As a game developer, when updating the user data on to the Scoreloop server, you need to make sure to check the returned callback. If the user update operation returns SC_INVALID_USER_DATA, you must call SC_UserController_GetValidationErrors() to obtain the exact cause of the failure, for example, (SC_EMAIL_ALREADY_TAKEN, SC_EMAIL_FORMAT_INVALID, SC_USERNAME_ALREADY_TAKEN, or SC_USERNAME_FORMAT_INVALID ). It may also return SC_EMAIL_ALREADY_TAKEN + SC_USERNAME_FORMAT_INVALID. So, in this case, it might return SC_EMAIL_ALREADY_TAKEN.. So, you have to display a meaningful message in the UI telling the user to check the email if he wants to do a merge or transfer. 

Hope this helps !
Thanks,

Prenitha

Please use plain text.
Contributor
moadib
My Device: developer
My Carrier: -

Re: Scoreloop. How merge account with existing?

Yes, we send prompt message for SC_EMAIL_ALREADY_TAKEN that if user's email specified - he must check his email. Thanks.
Please use plain text.