Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Developer
rocah
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Vodafone

Search a database

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to developing in cascades and in c/c++/qml in general but I'm willing to learn :smileyhappy:

I have a problem with my app. I will create an example for you, which is not my app at all, but is facing the same sort of problem. My app idea is described between the lines.

I want to make an app with locations of celebrity houses. So the main page is just the logo, a text field and a search button.

The other pages are named like the location, i.e. sandiego.qml and losangeles.qml

these pages contain an display several addresses and names like this:

San Diego (as the title)

Sting (Cascades Rd 45, xxx)

Timothy McGee (Native Avenue 2899, yyy)

Robert DeNiro (Blackberry St 10, zzz)

The search function should work like this: I search for either san diego, sting, timothy mcgee or robert deniro and everytime it should show the site "sandiego.qml" as displayed above. If there are multiple locations, i.e. sting got another house at martha's vineyard, then it should display a list showing up the results "san diego" and "martha's vineyard".

How is that possible? Please help a motivated but clueless beginner. Links on github are also welcome if they fit (i searched github anyway)...

Please use plain text.
Developer
torpesco
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Search a database

Sounds like you're saying your data is actually in the QML files. Is that the case? Apologies if I've misunderstood. I'd recommend reading through the data model API docs. JSON, SQL or XML data access.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/data_management.html

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rocah
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Search a database

Yes, but just because i don't know which database i have to create to do what i want to do.

Thanks for the link, i'll work through taht over the weekend.

Please use plain text.