Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
antonvo
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Sending a saved (draft) message with MessageService::send()

(this is a repost from Cascades forum which I posted this message in originally)

Hi there,

I'm trying to send a message that was previously created and saved as a draft in the Hub.

For the sake of creating a clean use case, I commented out all the message altering logic -- now I'm just obtaining the message using MessageService::message() call and sending it out using MessageService::send() call.

The body of the message that I send from my app very much differs from the body of the message sent from the Hub. Mine has a bunch of extra HTML attributes, the formatting is somewhat screwed up and it also has that goofy "Original message" text label that is seen in the "Edit Email" card in the Hub.

It looks like the Hub reformats the body of a draft message before sending it out. I'm wondering if that operation is available to me as an SDK user. Can I send a saved message from my app and make it look like a regular sent message, not like a draft.

Please use plain text.