Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Reply
Developer
Posts: 1,065
Registered: ‎03-20-2013
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Share Your App’s Invoke Targets With Other BlackBerry 10 Devs

Typo in the first paragraph. (publishished)

 

 


MSohm wrote:

ekke wrote:

dkonigs wrote:

So when are you going to start posting the target information that's been submitted?


+1


Today!  Invoking third-party applications






Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Posts: 15,263
Registered: ‎07-09-2008
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Share Your App’s Invoke Targets With Other BlackBerry 10 Devs

[ Edited ]

Which paragraph are you referring to?  Nevermind, I see.  Will get it fixed, thanks!

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
Posts: 1,065
Registered: ‎03-20-2013
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Share Your App’s Invoke Targets With Other BlackBerry 10 Devs

Wish we had a way to REQUEST that developers provide invocation targets for their apps. In particular I was hopeful that Evernote would add its own specific target when the native version came out, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Yes, you can invoke it indirectly via Remember, but there is no tag integration between Remember and Evernote, so you can't automatically tag your new notes when done through Remember.

 


ekke wrote:

dkonigs wrote:

So when are you going to start posting the target information that's been submitted?


+1






Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Posts: 15,263
Registered: ‎07-09-2008
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Share Your App’s Invoke Targets With Other BlackBerry 10 Devs


greenmr wrote:

Wish we had a way to REQUEST that developers provide invocation targets for their apps. In particular I was hopeful that Evernote would add its own specific target when the native version came out, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Yes, you can invoke it indirectly via Remember, but there is no tag integration between Remember and Evernote, so you can't automatically tag your new notes when done through Remember.


You could contact the application vendor to request that they submit their targets.  Contact information is in BlackBerry World.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
Posts: 1,065
Registered: ‎03-20-2013
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Share Your App’s Invoke Targets With Other BlackBerry 10 Devs

Yep, I will probably do that since having native Evernote as an invoke target would be very useful. Of course, an even better solution would be for Remember to handle the tag synchronization with Evernote properly, which shouldn't be too tall an order given that tags in both apps are just text. Remember store tags for its own notes, and Evernote stores tags for Evernotes... why didn't Remember sync them properly since day one?

 


MSohm wrote:

greenmr wrote:

Wish we had a way to REQUEST that developers provide invocation targets for their apps. In particular I was hopeful that Evernote would add its own specific target when the native version came out, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Yes, you can invoke it indirectly via Remember, but there is no tag integration between Remember and Evernote, so you can't automatically tag your new notes when done through Remember.


You could contact the application vendor to request that they submit their targets.  Contact information is in BlackBerry World.






Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.