Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
vingilot
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

Signal from one qml to another

Hey all, I am wondering how to have a signal trigger a function in a different qml file. I have a navigationPane and need its onTopChanged signal to trigger a function in one of its child pages, how can this be accomplished? I'm sure its relatively easy but I cannot find a good example and will continue exploring different ways.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
amarcon
My Device: Dev Alpha

Re: Signal from one qml to another

Hello,

The link below may be similar to your question, it has some references and suggestions to overcome what you're trying to do.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/Custom-QML-components-Handling-events-of...

Alex

Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot

Hmm, all right, another scenario is if you change a setting in your settings page qml and need that to change a feature in another page, that would either need a cross qml signal/slot system or have the page update on the creationCompleted. If anyone has info on the former I'd be interested.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
smacmartin
My Device: developer

[ Edited ]

Between this thread and http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Cascades-Development/QSettings-Components-in-Other-qml-Files/... have you resolved everything?

Stuart

Please use plain text.
Developer
vingilot

Absolutely, thanks everyone. Amarcon's method worked perfectly.
Please use plain text.