Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
DrShavargo
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Signed app crashes when try to start.

As long as it's a warning and not an error, you should be fine. I get it at times when i debug or release an app. It becomes a problem when functionnality is lost.

----------------------------------------
Remember to mark the thread as solved at the post that solved your problem, and if you like a post, like it!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
romulusiulian

The app packs well and works well. And yes is just a warning but I don't think it should happen.

Thank you all for the support.
Romulus-Iulian LESNIC
Please use plain text.
Retired
PBernhardt
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Can you tell what you based your app on when you started it? the Q_DECL_EXPORT thing was a problem for apps created in the old pre-launch beta tools, but it should be done automatically now. If there are still samples that have this problem, I would like to find and fix them.

Paul Bernhardt
Application Development Consultant
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Did this answer your question? Please accept this post as the solution.
Found a bug? Report it to the Developer Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
romulusiulian

I used a NewProject.

I'm using the 10.1 NDK.

So I didn't work on a sample. I used the persistence memory example, 'cause I needed that.

Other than that, I didn't do nothing.

Romulus-Iulian LESNIC
Please use plain text.
Retired
PBernhardt

Did you change main.cpp at all? Can you provide a link to the sample you used? When did you create the orginal project?

Paul Bernhardt
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
romulusiulian

No. I didn't change the main.cpp. Strangely is that when I start a new project, an empty one, everything is fine. Including the Q_DECL. I was inspired by the starship example found in BlackBerry Developer site at samples section. Although now it's fine. Everything works great. For now.

And for the last question, I started working on this project about 2 months again or so.

I save my projects separately and zip them trough out different stages. A method of precaution. All my saved files are the same. Missing the Q_DECL. So the problem was there from the beginning.

It's either my fault, mistakenly deleted a fraction of the code in main.cpp, or the NDK built the project from the beginning with this problem. Can't figure this out.

And again, thank you very much for your interest and this community for trying to help.
Romulus-Iulian LESNIC
Please use plain text.
Retired
PBernhardt

Thanks for helping my follow up on this. The starship example looks up to date to me. It was probably just some sample that still needed to be updated when you looked at it.

As an aside, you should think about using some sort of version control like Git rather than saving zips. Much easier to manage, and with tools like TortiseGit you don't even need to use the command line. It will also make it easier if you choose to get involved with our Open Source initiatives, as we use GitHub extensively.

Paul Bernhardt
BlackBerry
@PBernhardt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
romulusiulian

Thank you.
I will look in to that. As you iterated it looks easier to use those tools than to repeatedly make zip saves. I do have a GitHub account but didn't give it much attention till now.
Romulus-Iulian LESNIC
Please use plain text.