03-20-2013 07:41 AM
This should answer all your questions,
03-21-2013 10:36 AM
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm somewhat further on than this. I have registered for a signing account, created debug tokens for testing on a device (which is now complete) but am now having problems signing the final BAR file.
As I'm using Marmalade, I've been developing with Visual Studio 2010. So I'm using the command line signing tool to try and get the BAR signed. I suspect that something has screwed up somewhere with my tokens.
I'm getting a "Certificate chain not found" error. I'm obviously not sure why. I have noticed that the debug tokens have a misspelt Author name. So I'm not sure if that could be an issue when trying to sign the final BARs.
03-21-2013 02:13 PM
Actually, I've just realised that the Marmalade Deploy Tool is telling me that it's for Evaluation Use Only, even though I still have 27 days left on the license.
Anyhow, I've also realised that the deploy tool will automatically run the blackberry-signer if the keystore information is provided. However, when I upload the zipped BAR file to submit it, I'm getting an error saying that it isn't RDK signed.
03-22-2013 01:26 PM
Okay, a bit of a follow up. It could be a filename issue.
When I first set up the project it was called Hello World XOML. I'm using the IwGame engine and as I was new to the platform and C++ development in Visual Studio, I used one of the examples that came with it as a basis for my own game.
I have since changed the name of the project to the single-word name of the game. However, one of the files, the main mkb file (IwGame uses Marmalade) still has the original project name. I've tried changing it but it just gives me a CUSTOMBUILD error at compile time.
Anyway, when I leave that file alone, compile and package I then get the signing error. However, the signing error says that it's the package 'world' it's having problems with. There is no package 'world' which suggests that it's using the original project name is being found by the signing tool and it thinks that the spaces are separating different filenames.