Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Contributor
syntaxterror
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Signing bar files prior to submission?

I've finally got a playbook game ready for submission. However, I can't submit the game as it's telling me that it needs to be signed. How do I go about doing this?

Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30

Re: Signing bar files prior to submission?

This should answer all your questions,

http://developer.blackberry.com/native/documentation/playbook/com.qnx.doc.native_sdk.quickstart/topi...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor
syntaxterror

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm somewhat further on than this. I have registered for a signing account, created debug tokens for testing on a device (which is now complete) but am now having problems signing the final BAR file.

As I'm using Marmalade, I've been developing with Visual Studio 2010. So I'm using the command line signing tool to try and get the BAR signed. I suspect that something has screwed up somewhere with my tokens.

I'm getting a "Certificate chain not found" error. I'm obviously not sure why. I have noticed that the debug tokens have a misspelt Author name. So I'm not sure if that could be an issue when trying to sign the final BARs.

Developer
BGmot
My Device: PlayBook

Contributor
syntaxterror

I've done that through the momentics IDE but I'm still getting the same error.

Contributor
syntaxterror

Actually, I've just realised that the Marmalade Deploy Tool is telling me that it's for Evaluation Use Only, even though I still have 27 days left on the license.

Anyhow, I've also realised that the deploy tool will automatically run the blackberry-signer if the keystore information is provided. However, when I upload the zipped BAR file to submit it, I'm getting an error saying that it isn't RDK signed.

Contributor
syntaxterror

Okay, a bit of a follow up. It could be a filename issue.

When I first set up the project it was called Hello World XOML. I'm using the IwGame engine and as I was new to the platform and C++ development in Visual Studio, I used one of the examples that came with it as a basis for my own game.

I have since changed the name of the project to the single-word name of the game. However, one of the files, the main mkb file (IwGame uses Marmalade) still has the original project name. I've tried changing it but it just gives me a CUSTOMBUILD error at compile time.

Anyway, when I leave that file alone, compile and package I then get the signing error. However, the signing error says that it's the package 'world' it's having problems with. There is no package 'world' which suggests that it's using the original project name is being found by the signing tool and it thinks that the spaces are separating different filenames.