Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
Klaus2010
My Device: MD8800

Simulator 10.0.0.9 not running under VM Workstation 7

Hello,

hope someone could help me? I am running VMWare Workstation 7.1.5 on a HP Desktop PC on Windows XP. With Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 and Intel X35 Express graphics card / Chip type Intel GMA 3100. The machine has 4 GB RAM. I tried using the vmx file without any changes, but not working.

I can't get it running, it always hungs on the Screen line at boot. Tried a second new installation after deletion of the first attempt, and also disabled 3D acceleration too, no luck.

Whats wrong here and how to get it running? My collegue has similar issues on his computer, similar but not same installation (different graphic card).

We would like to start app building but this seem to be a showstopper... :No:

Screenshot

Regular Contributor
annuk
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Simulator 10.0.0.9 not running under VM Workstation 7

Hi,

I am also  facing the same issue.

I am trying to run Vmware in ubuntu 10.04 and getting stuck at the same place.

vmware.png

New Contributor
Klaus2010
My Device: MD8800

Re: Simulator 10.0.0.9 not running under VM Workstation 7

Well. Just tried the same now on an IBM T400 laptop with Windows 7 32bit, the same VM Workstation release, Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 4 GB RAM, and with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express chipset (GMA 4500 MHD).

And it runs as it should :Clap: without any modifications. 

It seems to me that RIM has installed only very few graphics drivers into the simulator OS, really odd :Dots: