Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

Simulator 10.1 - resolutions ???

Am I blind or dumb? The tips when the simulator boots tip me that I can change the screen resolution via the controller? I don't see how. Is it actually possible?

Where is the SD card? I mean - how can I put files from the host OS in to it or is it 100% virtual?

Does this simulator bootup slower now?

And please add security wipe soon! I don't want to reinstall the simulator just to change the Blackberry ID!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam

Re: Simulator 10.1 - resolutions ???

Is the SD Card accesible only via FTP?
Please use plain text.
Developer
MasterOfBinary
My Device: PB 32
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

[ Edited ]

Controller is an application in the same directory as the VM. It should automatically find the simulator when it starts, and it has an option to change the zoom and other stuff. I'm not sure about the SD card. I found the 10.1 version seems to boot pretty slow, but the 10.0.10 version is fine.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Zingam

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy: I know what the controller is. Maybe I've misread the tip. I was looking for an option to change the resolution (not the zoom level). The new simulator supports both Z10 and Q10 in the same package (unlike the previous simulators).

Another question: Why does the simulator turn on and off Num Lock? What does it do?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
daryl_martin
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

If you want to upload files to the SD Card, yes.  You need to FTP them. 

You can find the SD card under /accounts/1000/storage/removable/sdcard, if memory serves me correctly. You can mount/dismount the sd card via the controller if need be.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
daryl_martin
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: Rogers

When you boot the simulator you will see 4 boot options presented.  You need to select the Z10 series resolution when it boots, i.e. option 2 "Blackberry 10 All-Touch"  This will allow it to boot into the Z10 profile. 

Please use plain text.