12-08-2011 09:44 PM
I'm currently developing a native application using OSX as the host machine. When I try to run a sample application, it takes several minutes to get the application to the simulaor. During this time, the progress dialog in eclipse shows the message "Downloading and starting the application".
Is there any way to speed up the downloading of applications to the simulator? It's a huge time sink just waiting for this everytime I need to run the application after making a small change to code.
12-12-2011 11:47 AM
Could you provide some more information behind this scenario:
- Are you connecting to the device over WiFi or USB?
- If USB, is file sharing currently enabled?
- Does this issue reproduce with every application tested? Does it occur using the sample HelloWorld application?
- Could you let us know the average load time seen with an application?
- What is the OS of the PlayBook used for testing? Did you notice this with previous OS versions?