Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

[Solved] Creating a token?

[ Edited ]

Hello world! I am looking to deploy and test a very basic hello world app on my blackberry but the whole process has become a headache! I installed the Momentics IDE for native blackberry applications. After installing it, It prompted me to download the latest SDK with all the APIs or whatever and I told it to go right ahead. After about a half hour of installing and downloading stuff, It was finally all ready to go! I jumped in with both feet and did a slight modification on the base "hello world" application it provided me with. I hit the run button hoping that it would go to my Blackberry so I could test and play with it, but it prompted me with all this information about turning on developer mode and creating a token. So I went ahead and enabled developer mode, I created a Blackberry token id... and it downloaded some bbidtoken.csk file, but when it went to create the Debug Token, it gave me an error and told me to check and make sure that my device is in developer mode.  I tinkered around with the IDE and it keeps giving me the same issue no matter where I go:

Issue in the preferences window

I've read around the web and I've jumped back and fourth in between different pages talking about manually creating a Token ID an importing it, but it all revolves around a command line application by the name of blackberry-debugtokenrequest which is supposedly located in the bin directory of the SDK? when I installed the Momentics IDE it automatically installed the SDK for me... I presumed that it was all in one directory but perhaps not?

I installed Momentics under F:/ and this is what the install directory looks like:

Install Directory of the Momentics IDE

after running a disgusting windows search I was able to determine a bin folder located in F:\bbndk\host_10_2_0_15\win32\x86\usr\bin, and in that folder is the blackberry-debugtokenrequest application... so does that make host_10_2_0_15 the install directory for the SDK?

I know this is a whole qwop of information but I really just want to export an app to my phone. Is there an easy way of creating this token? Do I have to use the CLI application or am I just missing something simple? 

EDIT: I dont know what I did... but Removing and readding the device somehow fixed everything? It works now.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Red LE Developer Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: [Solved] Creating a token?

Rather than change the thread title to include "[Solved]" you should just mark your own initial post as the accepted solution.

Developer of Built for BlackBerry certified multiFEED RSS/Atom feed reader and aggregator.  multiFEED Icon

Play nice: Clicking Like Button on posts that helped you not only encourages others to continue sharing their experience, but also improves your own rating on this board. Also, don't forget to accept a post if it solves your problem or answers your question.