Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Speech to text API

Will the speech to text capabilities of BB10 be available as an API?  In other words, will it be possible in code to supply sound data (either recorded live or loaded from a file) and call a function from the BlackBerry libraries to output text?

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Please use plain text.
Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Speech to text API

I would like to know this too.

I would hope that, at least with a Q10 device, you could just press the button while in a text field and it would convert the speach to text as part as an input option.

Developer
cycletronic
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

I now have a Z10, and there is a button on the keyboard (the period or . ) that if you press and hold for a couple seconds, it does speech to text on the active text field.  It does require a data connection (cellular or wifi) as it sends the sound data to a server for processing.  

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Please use plain text.
Developer
Charuta_Rajopadhye
My Device: Z10, Q5, Q10
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I'm intrested in the reply too, or are there any 3rd party api that are recommended??

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

@Charuta_Rajopadhye Please try to refrain from adding to old threads, I applaud you doing a search but after that open a new thread with your particular problem.  Within that thread feel free to reference the ones you found in your search.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.
Developer
slashkyle
My Device: Red Z10, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Telus

lol this is funny... ususally I see people complaining about others posting new threads first instead of going to the older ones. 

If the thread hasn't been solved then there's really no reason it can't be brought back up, if it is solved then yes it's best to avoid asking new questions there

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBSJdev
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

@slashkyle Please read the forum guidelines. The point here is that multiple old threads were brought up adding nothing to the conversation. "me too" posts add nothing to the thread and just waste people's time.

At least when you add to posts your responses usually has something vaguely to do with the subject if not actually answering the question. :Devil2:

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. :smileyhappy:

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Please use plain text.