Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Native Development

New Contributor
rolando07
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

Split view in momentics

Hello community!

Im am new in programming and specially, if it comes to developing apps but I have a high interest in learning.

I recently installed momentics and now Im writing the code for my first app but I have a encountered a diffciculty.

I have different Pages withing the same .qml file but I can only see the first one in Splitview mode. Is there a way to choose which page do I want to see or I will have to write Pages in different .qml files?

Thank you!

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Split view in momentics

welcome to the support forums.

i would suggest to use a separate qml file for every component.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
rolando07
My Device: 9900

Thanks for your response!

I have another question in regards to your suggestion,

How do I call or make reference to a separate qml file?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

if you don't mind, please open a new thread for each question and mark a resolved one as solved.

if you have qml pages in subfolders you can use the import statement followed by the foldername as a string, otherwise you can just use the component.

If you want to create qml objects dynamically you can use ComponentDefinition, see https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__cascades__qmlcomponentdefinition.html or check the guides on developer.blackberry.com
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter